Table of Contents:
Updated December 21, 2021
Information We Collect
Personally Identifiable Information and Sensitive Personal Information
Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”) is any information that can be used to identify or locate a particular person or entity, either alone or when combined with other personal or identifying information that is linked or linkable to a specific individual. This may include, but is not limited to: your first and last name, contact information such as a phone number or an email address, and information about your needs.
If you if you choose to register on a Specialty Benefits career Site, as part of your job application or job search process, the following information may be collected:
- Name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, and other contact information;
- Account username and password;
- Social Security Number or Tax ID;
- Information about your work history with Specialty Benefits if you are a current or former employee;
- CV, résumé, cover letter, previous work experience, and education information;
- Employment preferences and desired salary;
- Professional and other work-related licenses, permits, and certifications held;
- Languages and other relevant skills;
- Demographic information and marital status;
- Racial or ethnic origin;
- Political opinions, religious affiliation, or philosophical beliefs;
- Awards and professional memberships;
- Work authorization status and available start date;
- Information relating to references; and
- Details of your job search, including what roles, departments, and locations interest you.
In addition to the foregoing, the following sensitive personal information may be collected if you elect to provide it:
- Health-related data, including data on disability.
To the extent that you provide us with sensitive personal information or information about your criminal record or history, job evaluations, educational records, or financial information, including account numbers, by providing us such information, you expressly authorize Specialty Benefits to handle such information for the purposes of processing or evaluating your job application.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
We may collect certain information about you when you visit this Site, such as the type of browser you are using (e.g., Safari, Chrome), the type of operating system you are using, (e.g., Windows OS or Mac OS), and your IP address and the domain name of your Internet service provider (e.g., Xfinity, Verizon), and share such information with our partners. By itself, this information (“non-personally identifiable information”) cannot be used to identify you individually. We also may collect additional log information, such as the referring/exit pages you visit, date/time stamps, and related data, which is stored in log files. Much of this information is collected through cookies, web beacons, embedded scripts, and other tracking technologies. We use the non-personally identifiable information that we collect to improve the design and content of the Site and to enable us to personalize your Internet experience. We also may use this information in the aggregate to analyze Site usage.
Information from Third Parties
About tracking technologies:
- Cookies. A cookie is a small text file that is stored on a user’s device, which may be a session ID cookie or tracking cookie. Session ID cookies make it easier for you to navigate the Service and expire when you close your browser. Tracking cookies help in understanding how you use the Service, and remain after you close your browser. The Service may associate some or all of these types of cookies with your devices. Cookies may remain on your device for extended periods of time.
- Web Beacons (“Tracking Pixels”). Web beacons are small graphic images, also known as “internet tags” or “clear gifs,” embedded in web pages and e-mail messages. Web beacons may be used to count the number of visitors to the Service, to monitor how users navigate the Service, and to count content views.
- Embedded Scripts. An embedded script is programming code designed to collect information about your interactions with the Service. It is temporarily downloaded onto your device from our web server or a Third-Party with whom we work, is active only while you are connected to the Service, and deleted or deactivated thereafter.
- Location-Identifying Technologies. GPS (global positioning systems) software, geo-filtering, and other location-aware technologies locate you (sometimes with precision) for purposes such as verifying your location and delivering or restricting relevant content based on your location.
For more information about tracking technologies, please visit www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0042-online-tracking. Some browsers have incorporated Do Not Track (“DNT”) preferences. As there is not yet an industry-standard DNT protocol on how to interpret DNT signals, we do not honor DNT signals from browsers at this time. However, you may refuse or delete cookies to prevent tracking activities, as described above.
How We Use Your Information
- Allow you to search and apply for jobs at Specialty Benefits;
- Process your application for a job;
- Assess your capabilities and qualifications for a job;
- Manage the recruitment process in accordance with the terms of the applicable employee privacy agreement;
- Offer you information about our services or other information you have requested, or to respond to your questions, emails and other requests;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, information regarding changes to our policies, and support and administrative messages;
- Prevent and address fraud, breach of policies or terms, and threats of harm;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities;
- Conduct research, including surveys, focus groups, or other insight gathering methods;
- Improve the Service or other affiliate websites, applications, marketing efforts, products, and services; or
- Fulfill any other purpose disclosed at the time you provide Personal Information.
Sharing of Information
We do not sell Personally Identifiable Information we have collected about you at IHCSpecialty.com or any Specialty Benefits Career Site. We may share personal information, including PII, we have collected about you with the IHC Group affiliated companies, to assist you with your job search needs and the recruitment and hiring process and also to assist us with managing our workforce needs. Specialty Benefits employees or agents, including recruiters, human resources personnel, technical services personnel, and managers or their designees who have a business need to access your personal information may review this information.
We also contract with third-party service providers to manage IHCSpecialty.com and assist us with our business needs, including hiring and recruitment. Our policy is to share with third-party service providers only the information they need to provide desired services to us and to prohibit these providers from using such information for any improper purpose. We also make efforts to require them to protect any personal information to the same extent that we do.
Except as otherwise set forth in this section, affiliates and third parties are prohibited from using your information, including Personal Information, for any purpose other than to provide services as described. We may permit third parties to use aggregate information which does not identify you, or de-identified data, for any valid purpose.
We also may share your information under the following circumstances:
- To comply with the law or with other legal processes and, where required, to respond to lawful requests by law enforcement or by other public authorities, or to respond to a subpoena, to meet national security or law enforcement requirements, to protect the integrity of the Service or company if we believe that a user has committed unlawful or otherwise harmful acts, or to protect our interests relating to a legal proceeding;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any proposed or actual merger, purchase, sale, consolidation with, or any other type of acquisition or business combination of all or any portion of the Service or our assets, or transfer of all or a portion of our business to an affiliated entity or third party;
- With our affiliates, business partners, and other third parties for their own business purposes, including audience profiling and direct marketing purposes; and
- For purposes disclosed at the time you provide Personal Information, and with your consent or discretion.
Your Rights and Choices
Accessing Your Information
You have the right to access, update, or remove certain information that you have voluntarily submitted to us through the Service by sending an email to email@example.com. We may require additional information from you to allow us to confirm your identity. Please note that we will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
You can opt-out of receiving emails containing general information from us at any time, by following the instructions to click on the unsubscribe link, as provided in emails, or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You also have a right to request not to receive telemarketing calls from us by asking us to place your telephone number on our internal Do Not Call List (“DNC List”). Our written Do Not Call Policy for maintaining our DNC List is available upon demand.
We encourage parents and guardians to spend time online with their children and to participate and monitor the interactive activities of their children. Our Services are not targeted or intended for use by children under the age of sixteen (16), nor do we knowingly collect information directly from children under the age of 16. If you are a parent or guardian and you believe that your child under age 16 may have provided personally identifiable information through our Site, please contact us via the Contact Us page on this site. Alternatively, you may contact us in writing about your concern at the address listed under “Contact Us.”
Specialty Benefits takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files. Nevertheless, transmission via the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your information collected through the Service.
Specialty Benefits is based in the United States and the information we and our Service Providers collect is governed by U.S. law. We avoid knowingly collecting personal information about EU residents or citizens of other European Economic Area countries. Our properties, including this Site, are intended for users in the United States. If you are accessing the Service from outside the U.S., please be aware that information collected through the Service may be transferred to, processed, stored, and used in the U.S. Data protection laws in the U.S. may be different from those of your country of residence.
While most of the content and information on this Site is developed in-house, the Site also contains content from and hyperlinks to websites, locations, platforms, and services operated and owned by third parties. In addition, our Site contains features that allow you to interact with, connect to, or access our Service through certain third-party services. Third parties independently collect information about you and may solicit Personal Information from you.
Our Service also contains tracking technologies operated by third parties. For example, analytics services, such as Google Analytics, may use tracking technologies on our Site to help us analyze your use of the Service, compile statistical reports on the Service’s activity, and provide other services relating to the Service activity and internet usage. Similarly, ad services, advertisers, and other third parties may use tracking technologies on our Service and Third-Party Services to track your activities across time and services, and tailor ads to you based on your activities.